Learn Electronics 5 - Exercise 32 Update 3 | Homebrew Electronics


Before cutting out the wood for the shell of the robot, I figured it might be wise to actually wire up the schematic first and see if I can get all the electronics to work. As you can see from the video and picture, I've managed to wire up the motor - I've got a temporary push button that allows me to provide power to the circuit. I'll get an actual on-off switch once I get the circuit de-bugged.

The circuit is definitely providing power (6V) to the motor, but the two microswitches are not working as desired. When one is pressed, it's supposed to drop the voltage on pin 2, triggering the coil and reversing the spin on the motor... but that's not happening. Pressing either switch does not reverse the motor. I'm using different microswitches than the ones seen in the chapter, but I don't think that's the issue.

I also need to get out my chip tester and make sure that voltage is detected on pin 3 that runs to the coil.

Obviously, any suggestions my readers may have will be appreciated.

0 comments