Learn Electronics 5 - Exercise 32 Debugging | Homebrew Electronics


Suggestions are coming in on ways to test or fix the problems I'm encountering. Let me explain what's happening now.

I've inserted the diode that j suggested... works! The buzzing has disappeared (see video below). So we're getting close. Right now, pushing either switch (that will serve the robot as a trigger to stop and back away from an obstacle) does not stop the motor from spinning - pushing either button is SUPPOSED to cause a drop in voltage on pin 2, so I think my next step is to use a chip tester to see if pin 2 is being triggered. (Right? No?)

I'm including some pictures here - one is the schematic and the rest are close-up photos of my circuit - maybe I've got an unseen error in my wiring. Be warned - my use of the breadboard is obviously that of a newbie, so I've got wires running all over the place. If I can't figure this out soon, I think I'll start over and try to rewire a bit cleaner and closer to the layout of the schematic.

Thanks in advance for all your comments and suggestions - I love learning by doing... and making mistakes is another favorite technique of mine as I tend to remember what I did wrong versus what I did right... and that's what drew me to this book in the first place!

First video below is WITHOUT the diode.



Second video is WITH the diode.




(FYI - family visiting this weekend so I may not get much more work done on this circuit until early next week.)

0 comments