Learn Electronics 5 - Exercise 32 Still Drivin' Me Crazy! | Homebrew Electronics

This circuit is still driving me up the wall... I triple-checked all my connections, but I'm fairly certain the connections are done properly as the motor behaves somewhat correctly - it spins forward until a microswitch is pressed and then reverses direction... but only for a split second.

I used my logic probe to check the pulse on pin 3 but I'm honestly not 100% sure what I'm looking for...

One thing I did do that puzzles me - I unplugged the motor as it's quite loud and was making it difficult to hear the relay switching... when I did this and I turn on the power, I don't hear the relay doing anything, but when I press a microswitch, I hear the relay click (once) indicating that the coil is getting power and reversing the direction of the motor... but when I release the microswitch, I don't hear the click indicating the relay has switched back... but when I release the power button, I do hear a click. Maybe this is normal, but I'm wondering if somehow the relay is not functioning properly.

I've about decided to move on - I'll puzzle over it later tonight, maybe tomorrow... but if I can't find a solution, I'll move forward as I think I've gotten out of the experiment all I can.

0 comments